At the Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work we are dedicated to changing lives and communities through education, the development and adoption of evidence-informed practices and far-sighted policy development and recommendations.
Acclaimed for collaborative, interprofessional education at the master’s and doctoral levels, we graduate practitioners and leaders of proven ability, initiative and effectiveness. The work of our researchers guides learning and practice at every step. Thanks to our unique combination of education, practice and research, our new graduates are ready to respond to poverty, homelessness, child abuse, cyber bullying, sexual assault, mental illness, unemployment, aging and chronic illness. By graduating knowledgeable and skilled practitioners and policy makers we are promoting well-being and equity from early childhood to the last stages of life. We meet local challenges in the context of national and global trends and work towards real solutions at every level.
The Factor-Inwentash Faculty of Social Work is already one of north America’s top-ranked schools. With the support of our benefactors, volunteers and alumni, we will redouble our efforts to enhance our standing and lead the further development of social work education and research.
The campaign will focus on five key areas. We will:
- Enhance the educational experience by building a state-of-the-art simulation lab;
- Establish new needs-based and merit-based scholarships at the master’s and doctoral levels;
- Increase the number of internationally acclaimed faculty members by adding endowed chairs that will support their work in emerging areas;
- Support innovative research programs investigating human development, social media, cyber bullying, eating disorders, violence against women, the challenges facing LGBT students and other topics; and
- Continue to collaborate in developing innovative international research programs in Australia, Brazil, China, Haiti, Israel and Thailand