Posted on May 4, 2020
The government of Canada has extended the deadline for 2019 tax filing to June 1, 2020. While some of our processes for receiving your donations and issuing your receipts have been affected by the pandemic, there are still several ways you can easily support U of T with a charitable donation, and in some cases receive an e-receipt for your gift.
Ways to give
- You can make a gift online and receive an instant electronic tax receipt.
- To make a gift by phone, please call 416-978-0811.
- Donations staff are temporarily unable to receive and process cheques or payments made through the mail. Wire transfers (please email email@example.com for instructions) and gifts of securities remain viable methods of payment.
The status of your tax receipts for 2019 and 2020
- As of February 29, 2020, we have issued tax receipts for all donations made in 2019. If you require a re-issue of a 2019 tax receipt for tax filing purposes please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can make a gift online and receive an instant electronic tax receipt. However, donations staff are temporarily unable to receive and process cheques or payments made through the mail or other methods. Therefore, tax receipts for gifts received in 2020 are temporarily suspended and will be issued as soon as we are able to return to the office and normal postal service resumes for the University.
We thank you for your understanding during this difficult time. We also thank you for your support and interest in the University of Toronto. Read more about the impact of your support.